Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

My trip to Orana

Yesterday my class and room 6 went on a trip to Orana wildlife park.

The reason we went there is because we are learning about biodiversity and biodiversity represents all the animals and insects in the world including us humans.

Yesterday we walked around Orana park with and educator that works there; she pointed out each animal and told us facts about them and how they help our planet. She even showed us a lion skull and some dead Ferrets that had been cleaned and stuffed. We got to feed girraffes and I loved seeing the gorrilas there they were really cool and interesting to learn about.

Fun fact about gorillas: They don't actually make physical contact they just pound their chest to show dominance and make themselves look tougher.

here are some pictures of the animals we saw.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Greer,
    Thanks for sharing this post about Orana Park and including some photos! I also found it interesting that gorillas beat their chest to show dominance and look tough, and generally avoid conflict.
    What other interesting facts did you learn about animal adaptations?

    Mrs Lambie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.